E4C Summer School 5-9 July ’21 : From smart buildings to smart cities
Buildings are responsible for a large part of the energy consumption. The Summer School “From Smart Buildings to Smart Cities (SB2SC)” proposes to address the following interdisciplinary and systemic questions:
- What is a smart building and in which are the challenges in climate change context?
- What are the social and regulation stakes in smart buildings?
- How can smart buildings contribute to energy flexibility and sufficiency?
- In which way can self-consumption (with photovoltaics and with or without storage capacity) supply services to a building
- Which role can IoT (Internet-of-Things) objects play in smart buildings?
- In which sense can data collected in a building be used?
- What perspectives for buildings in interaction with their neighbourhood and city?
These questions will be approached in divers way, from keynote seminars, hands-on projects, visit to real-life installations, group debates, parallel online sessions, exchange with industrial actors, mini-projects in groups and even games and other activities. Contributors and speakers from different institutions and back-grounds (both academic and industrial) will be with you to discuss and share their knowledge and experience.
All in five days in an immerged experience at the Campus of Institut Polytechnique de Paris, hosting several smart buildings which are developed by the E4C Center.
Date: 5-9 July 2021
Location: Institut Polytechnique de Paris, Palaiseau, France (online option possible)
The summer school is open to Master and PhD students from EuroTech and EuroTeQ universities.
Energy4Climate Center of Institut Polytechnique de Paris
Please visit this website (English version available in the upper left corner).