DTU Learning Lab has invited senior lecturer Morten Winther Bülow from the Danish School of Education at Aarhus University and Maria Hvid Stenalt Postdoc at the Center for Digital Education at Copenhagen University who have both conducted extensive research into the many facets of online and hybrid teaching. They have prepared a workshop dedicated to teachers who are interested in acquiring further tools to improve the learning experiences when teaching in a hybrid format (with particular emphasis on an international audience).
This workshop is for all teaching staff working to support student learning and engagement in a hybrid teaching format.
- Define different definitions and types of hybrid learning spaces
- Use framework for hybrid design in designing an educational experience
- Identify challenges and best practices in your own hybrid design
- Analyse and reflect on how to continually develop the setting and design your own hybrid learning space.
This course will be divided into four phases:
1) Asynchronous online Webinar and activities.
2) Face-to-face course day, which will consist of lectures, discussions and activities.
3) Interim period, where you will try to implement some of the strategies and tools you have acquired during phase 1 and 2.
4) Online synchronous follow-up day, where you will present your experiences during phase 3.
Face-to-face course day: 16 September, 2022 from 9am to 2pm
Venue: Building 402, Room 009
Online synchronous follow-up day: 6 December from 9am to 11am
Please bring Laptop and earphones!
The course itself will be exemplary and run in a hybrid format – allowing a maximum of 20 physically present participants and 20 online participants, you can indicate during sign up if you wish to participate online or physically.
The workshop and follow-up day will be recorded and used by LearningLab to further develop future workshops.
For participants affiliated with, or who offers (expects to offer) courses into, the EuroTeq catalogue, the workshop is free.
For participants enrolled in the UDTU program, the workshop is also free.
For other faculty the fee is DKK 1000.
Full fee is paid if a cancellation is made later than 2 weeks before the start of the workshop.
You can contact educational consultant Ditte Strunge Sass at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.